End of Year Expectations
These 'End of Year Expectations' show you the age-related expectations for the end of each year group. In their summer report, your child will be assessed as Working towards the expected standard (WTS); Working at the expected standard (EXS) or Working at Greater depth within the expected standard (GDS).
Copies of these targets are kept at the back of each child's Maths and English books, and their progress through the year is tracked on these sheets. They are ticked off when evidence of them has been seen within the work that they are producing independently in class.
By the end of the year your child should be able to spell the words show on the list below. The handout also provides some strategies for practising and learning these at home.
Homework & Spelling Lists
- Year 1 Autumn 2 Homework Spelling List A
- Year 1 Autumn 2 Homework Spelling List B
- Year 1 FMT Firework Challenge
- Year 1 FMT Numbers Challenge
- Year 1 Autumn 1 Homework Spelling List A
- Year 1 Autumn 1 Homework Spelling List B